ALL YOUR VR ESCAPE ROOM QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Frequently Asked Questions
- BRIEFING: Firstly, you’ll be briefed on how to move around and use your special powers in the virtual reality world.
- BE AMAZED IN THE VIRTUAL REALITY WORLD: Once inside the room, you’ll put on your virtual reality headsets where you’ll be transported into another world based on the adventure you have chosen. You’ll have a 360 degree view of the virtual reality world but still see and interact with your team in their virtual reality avatars.
- TEAMWORK, THINKING AND FUN TO COMPLETE YOUR ADVENTURE: As a team, you’ll need to work together to complete your adventure which could require battling enemies by shooting lasers from your hand, flying through space, finding secret passwords, piecing together puzzles or uncovering the deepest, darkest secrets of a maniac’s mind. Be delighted by your new world, puzzled by what to do during your adventure and exhilarated as you defeat enemies and solve puzzles together to complete your adventure before time runs out. Communicate with your team mates and friendly Adventure Masters through your headsets and seek guidance if required from your Adventure Master.
- COMPLIMENTARY REFRESHMENTS AND PHOTOS: After your adventure, enjoy complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits while you talk about the highlights of your amazing experience. When you’re ready, our friendly Adventure Masters can help take group photos for you at our interactive 3D photo walls.
Virtual reality escape rooms are places in which guests can escape the physical world to be transported to other realities to complete challenges in alternate dimensions or scary versions of ours.
They employ the latest technologies in tracking, computing, and visual display to trick your brain into believing that the fantastic is real. VR enables the creation of unique interactive puzzles and other tricks that you just can’t do in a physical escape room.
Entermission rooms deliver several advantages over ordinary VR rooms. 6 tricked out Mission Module game seats can fit in a 16 square meters space, allowing six players to play at the same time, in the same place instead of being separated and isolated into a 37 square meter area.
This allows for shared, social, spectacular moments! Entermission also delivers incredible effects to enhance the immersion, like wind and heat on your face, strong vibrations that punctuate the action, and lifelike smells like smoke and gunpowder that will convince you it is real!
Once inside the Entermission room, you’ll put on your virtual reality headsets where you’ll be transported into another world based on the adventure you have chosen.
You’ll have a 360-degree view of the virtual reality world but still see and interact with your team as their virtual reality avatars. Your team will need to work together to complete your adventure which could require battling enemies by shooting lasers from your hand, flying through space, finding secret passwords, piecing together puzzles, or uncovering the deepest, darkest secrets of a maniac’s mind.
Be delighted by your new world, puzzled by what to do during your adventure and exhilarated as you defeat enemies and solve puzzles together to complete your adventure before time runs out.
All Days 10:00am – 10:00pm
PRE-BOOK AHEAD online or call (03) 8060 0683 rather than walking in without a booking to avoid disappointment.
7 Days A Week
10:45 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:15 PM, 2:30 PM, 3:45 PM, 4:45 PM, :00 PM, 6:15 PM, 7:30 PM, 8:45 PM
At our Melbourne VR Escape Room it costs $49 per person.
You can book over the phone, however booking online is very simple and the quickest way to book and lock in your desired date and time as we may be unable to answer your call immediately during busy periods. Please note if you are booking less than two hours before the start time, you will need to book by phone on (03) 8060 0683
Total experience 1 hour 15 minutes (please arrive 15 mins beforehand)
You have 60 minutes to complete your virtual reality escape room adventure. If your team is a whizz at solving puzzles and challenges thrown at you and navigating the virtual reality world, you may complete your adventure in a shorter space of time and even make it on Record Wall Of Fame.
Please allow 1 hour 15 minutes for the overall experience including briefing before the adventure, complimentary refreshments and photos against our 3D photo walls after your adventure.
Please make sure that all members in your party arrive 15 minutes before your adventure begins so that you can check-in and be briefed for your adventure. If you are late, you will not be able to play as you cannot join an adventure partway through the session. We also reserve the right to reduce your time in your virtual reality adventure so that the next adventure sessions are not impacted.
Each adventure is designed for 2-6 players. You’ll have exclusive use of a room and you’ll be in your own adventure where you can see, hear and interact with each other. We have 3 rooms so you can book multiple rooms to compete head-to-head.
18 people can play at any one time, with up to 6 people per room across our 3 rooms.
We have a strict no refund policy (except for Corporate events). However, you may reschedule your adventure subject to a $20 rescheduling fee.
Yes you can participate, however, you may experience some motion sickness during the adventure. Taking motion sickness tablets (which are available from the chemist) beforehand can help prevent any symptoms, if you do have a history of motion sickness or you’d like to reduce the likelihood of symptoms.
Our adventures are designed to be as immersive as possible, graphically solid and the technology behind is the best on the market. Additionally, our adventures are designed in such a way that your body and eyes become use to being in the virtual reality world to reduce the likelihood of motion sickness. However, if you have a history of motion sickness, entering a new reality that your body and eyes are not used to could cause virtual reality (motion) sickness.
Moving slowly within the virtual reality world will help reduce any motion sickness. If you do experience motion sickness, we recommend that you take off your virtual reality headset for a minute or two, to reduce any symptoms. We can also move you to a motion stable area in the virtual reality world.
Having our complimentary ginger lollies, ginger tea and lemonade can also help alleviate any symptoms. We find that our guests enjoy their adventure even when they experience some motion sickness, where the above recommendations are followed.
Recommended age for Space Heroes is +8 years and Mad Mind is +15 years.
Note for Mad Mind
This is more a thriller with no real “horror” or gore but rather contains some surprises which may cause you to jump and we’ve had children as young as 9 years old play and enjoy the adventure.
This isn’t just for children. Its a great family activity to have FUN together, and regularly get multiple generations (kids, parents and grandparents) enjoying the experience together.
The name Mad Mind is a lot scarier than the adventure actually is.
There is no real “horror” or gore in it, but rather contains some surprises which may cause you to jump. We recommend Mad Mind for 15+ years of age due to this aspect. However, we’ve had children as young as 9 years old play and enjoy the adventure.
Yes, the experience is playable in a wheelchair, although please contact us beforehand for wheelchair access instructions. Full use of both hands and arms as well as ability to hear and speak is required for the adventures.
You can come and see our premises and our state-of-the-art virtual reality headsets and equipment.
However, you won’t be able to try the adventure beforehand as it will defeat the whole purpose of the adventure. You can always check out our video trailers to get a feel of the adventure.
We use powerful gaming computers with RTC 2060 graphics cards and HTC Vive Pro virtual reality headsets, that take you into an entirely different world where you’re fully immersed in the adventure and it feels like reality.
The Leap Motion added to the headset tracks hand movements, enabling you the freedom to fly, swim and truly move in the virtual reality world.
No refund will be provided in case of booking cancellation or no-show.
Terms and Conditions
The game is designed for a team of 2-6 people per room and you’ll have exclusive use of the room.
2. BOOKINGS, REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Entermission Melbourne is a live event so once the booking is confirmed refunds and cancellations are not accepted.
- If less people attend the Game than are booked, the price difference will not be reimbursed.
- If more people are attending please call us on 03 8060 0683 to check availability and add the additional person.
- There is a $20 rescheduling fee if you change the date and time of your booking. Reschedules can be made up to 48 hours before the Game.
- Only person(s) who are at least 18 years of age are permitted to book a Game.
- It is your responsibility to check that any Games issued to you are accurate and your details are correct on the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to Entermission Melbourne that all details supplied by you are true and accurate.
- You receive the confirmation of your booking via email only. Entermission Melbourne will not send further confirmation via post or text message.
- A booking becomes a no-show and entry will be declined if the team is late. You will not be entitled to a refund or change your booking date and time.
3. SAFETY & ENJOYMENT
- While you are on our premises, you must follow our rules and regulations, adopt proper standards of behaviour, and cooperate with our employees at all times.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person under the influence of alcohol, non-prescribed drugs or who is deemed unfit, abusive or unsuitable in any way at the sole discretion of the staff of Entermission Melbourne.
- Entermission Melbourne collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any 3rd party and is dedicated to ensuring that the privacy of your personal information is protected.
You cannot play the adventure if you have epilepsy.
If you have a history of photosensitive seizures, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress or heart conditions, you should consult a doctor before playing Virtual Reality Rooms.
Pregnant woman and the elderly should also exercise caution.
No requirement is too complex for us. Fill out the form below to give us all the details we need to make your event a success.