ALL YOUR VR ESCAPE ROOM QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Frequently Asked Questions
- BRIEFING: Firstly, you’ll be given instructions and briefed on how to navigate the virtual world.
- BE AMAZED IN THE METAVERSE: Once inside the room, you’ll put on your virtual reality headsets where you’ll be transported into another world based on the adventure you have chosen. You’ll have a 360 degree view of the virtual reality world but still see and interact with your team in their virtual reality avatars.
- TEAMWORK, THINKING AND FUN TO COMPLETE YOUR ADVENTURE: As a team, you’ll need to work together to complete your adventure which could require battling enemies by shooting lasers from your hand, flying through space, finding secret passwords, piecing together puzzles or uncovering the deepest, darkest secrets of a maniac’s mind. Be delighted by your new world, puzzled by what to do during your adventure and exhilarated as you defeat enemies and solve puzzles together to complete your adventure before time runs out. Communicate with your team mates and friendly Adventure Masters through your headsets and seek guidance if required from your Adventure Master.
- COMPLIMENTARY REFRESHMENTS AND PHOTOS: After your mission, enjoy complimentary refreshment of lemonade, water or tea and coffee to help you settle back into reality. When you’re ready, our friendly Adventure Masters from Mission control will show you your photos and can help take group photos for you.
Virtual reality escape rooms are places in which guests can escape the physical world to be transported to other realities to complete challenges in alternate dimensions or scary versions of ours.
They employ the unique technologies in hand tracking, computing, and visual display to immerse you into the Metaverse. VR enables the creation of unique interactive puzzles and other tricks that you just can’t do in a physical escape room such as flying through space, swimming through piranha infested waters, teleporting to distant and fantastical worlds.
Australia's only handtracking missions enhance the immersion with wind and no controllers that will convince you it is real!
Entermission has Australia's only hand tracking escaperoom experiences. Space Heores or Mad Mind can deliver a very immersive experience that although seated will feel like you are travelling through the metaverse. Other missions are controller based but mission control will always be around to provide their help and support.
The rooms deliver several advantages over ordinary VR rooms. 6 tricked out Mission Module game seats can fit in a 16 square metres space, allowing six players to play at the same time, in the same place instead of being separated and isolated in individual 9 square metres of space.
This allows for shared, social, spectacular moments!
Once inside the Entermission room, you’ll put on your virtual reality headsets where you’ll be transported into another world based on the adventure you have chosen.
You’ll have a 360-degree view of the virtual reality world but still see and interact with your team as their virtual reality avatars. Your team will need to work together to complete your adventure which could require battling enemies by shooting lasers from your hand, flying through space, finding secret passwords, piecing together puzzles, or uncovering the deepest, darkest secrets of a maniac’s mind.
Be delighted by your new world, puzzled by what to do during your adventure and exhilarated as you defeat enemies and solve puzzles together to complete your adventure before time runs out.
Monday to Thursday 11:30am – 8:15pm (Last Mission starts 7:00pm)
Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10:45am – 10:00pm (Last mission start 8:45pm)
We do open based on bookings be sure to book online to guarantee your place.
PRE-BOOK AHEAD online or call (02) 9267 3873 rather than walking in without a booking to avoid disappointment.
Mon-Thur: 11:30am, 12:45pm, 2:00pm, 3:15pm, 4:30pm, 5:45pm, 7:00pm, 8:15pm
Fri-Sun: 10:45am, 12pm, 1:15pm, 2:30pm, 3:45pm, 5pm, 6:15pm, 7:30pm, 8:45pm, 10:00pm
Earlier sessions and variations to session times are available on request.
At our Sydney VR Escape Room it costs $49 per person from Monday - Thursday, and $59 per person, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
You can book over the phone, however booking online is very simple and the quickest way to book and lock in your desired date and time as we may be unable to answer your call immediately during busy periods. Please note if you are booking less than 3 hours before the start time, you will need to book by phone on (02) 9267 3873
Total experience is 1 hour 15 minutes (please arrive 15 mins beforehand)
You have 60 minutes to complete your virtual reality escape room adventure. If your team is a whizz at solving puzzles and challenges thrown at you and navigating the virtual reality world, you may complete your adventure in a shorter space of time and even make it on Record Wall Of Fame.
Please allow 1 hour 15 minutes for the overall experience including briefing before the adventure, complimentary refreshments and photos against our 3D photo walls after your adventure.
Please make sure that all members in your party arrive 15 minutes before your adventure begins so that you can check-in and be briefed for your adventure. If you are late, we reserve the right to reduce your time in your virtual reality adventure so that the next adventure sessions are not impacted.
Each adventure is designed for 2-6 players. You’ll have exclusive use of a room and you’ll be in your own adventure where you can see, hear and interact with each other. We have 5 rooms so you can book multiple rooms to compete head-to-head for a maximum of 30 players in the one session or 60 across two sessions which will also include complimentary Party Room with shared VR headsets to play.
30 people can play at any one time, with up to 6 people per room across our 5 rooms to compete head-to-head for a maximum of 30 players in the one session or 60 across two sessions which will also include complimentary Party Room with shared VR headsets to play. Please email, phone or fill out the contact forms to make your group booking.
We have a strict no refund policy (except for Corporate events). However, you may reschedule your adventure subject to a $20 rescheduling fee.
Yes you can participate, however, you may experience some motion sickness during the adventure although we have had many who do not feel it even though they have a history. If you are very prone to being motion sick we recommend controller missions as they have ateleporting feature which minimises and generally does not make people feel unwell.
You can also bring your own travel bands to wear or take travel tablets beforehand to help reduce the likelihood and alleviate symptoms.
Recommended ages are based on the ratings for each mission. The minimum age we recommend is 8+ years. Please note that the technology may not recognise the hands of younger children and they will not be able to participate correctly, which may affect the outcome of the team.
Please choose your mission carefully and responsibly.
Note for Mad Mind (PG) or Sanctum (MA15+)
Mad Mind is more a thriller with no real “horror” or gore but rather contains some surprises which may cause you to jump and we’ve had children as young as 9 years old play and enjoy the adventure however we recommend parents guidance.
Sanctum is given a MA15+ rating due to the setting where blood is visible and alhtough there are no real jump scares the world has a dark and gruesome theme based on HP Lovecraft.
The name Mad Mind is a lot scarier than the adventure actually is.
There is no real “horror” or gore in it, but rather contains some surprises which may cause you to jump. We recommend Mad Mind for 15+ years of age due to this aspect. However, we’ve had children as young as 9 years old play and enjoy the adventure.
Yes, the experience is playable in a wheelchair, although please contact us beforehand for wheelchair access instructions. Full use of both hands and arms as well as ability to hear and speak is required for the adventures. The player will need to be seated on our chairs though and it cannot be replaced as the chairs are not mobile.
You can come and see our premises and our state-of-the-art virtual reality headsets and equipment.
However, you won’t be able to try the adventure beforehand as it will defeat the whole purpose of the adventure. You can always check out our video trailers to get a feel of the adventure.
We use powerful custom built computers and NVIDIA graphics cards to run the games and HTC Vive virtual reality headsets takes you into entirely different worlds where you’re fully immersed in the adventure and it feels like reality.
Entermission adventures don’t use controllers and instead use Leap Motion added to the headset which tracks hand movements so it’s more intuitive, enabling you the freedom to fly, swim and truly move in the virtual reality world.
No refund will be provided in case of booking cancellation or no-show.
Terms and Conditions
The game is designed for a team of 2-6 people per room and you’ll have exclusive use of the room.
2. BOOKINGS, REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Entermission Sydney is a live event so once the booking is confirmed refunds and cancellations are not accepted.
- If less people attend the Game than are booked, the price difference will not be reimbursed.
- If more people are attending please call us on 02 9267 3873 to check availability and add the additional person.
- There is a $20 rescheduling fee if you change the date and time of your booking. Reschedules can be made up to 48 hours before the Game.
- Only person(s) who are at least 18 years of age are permitted to book a Game.
- A condition of entry is to have at least 1 person 15 years or over, with your group. Adult does not have to participate in the experience and can wait outside. The adult does not have to be a paying participant.
- It is your responsibility to check that any Games issued to you are accurate and your details are correct on the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to Entermission Sydney that all details supplied by you are true and accurate.
- You receive the confirmation of your booking via email only. Entermission Sydney will not send further confirmation via post or text message.
- A booking becomes a no-show and entry will be declined if the team is late. You will not be entitled to a refund or change your booking date and time.
3. SAFETY & ENJOYMENT
- While you are on our premises, you must follow our rules and regulations, adopt proper standards of behaviour, and cooperate with our employees at all times.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to any person under the influence of alcohol, non-prescribed drugs or who is deemed unfit, abusive or unsuitable in any way at the sole discretion of the staff of Entermission Sydney.
- Entermission Sydney collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any 3rd party and is dedicated to ensuring that the privacy of your personal information is protected.
You cannot play the adventure if you have epilepsy.
If you have a history of photosensitive seizures, anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress or heart conditions, you should consult a doctor before playing Virtual Reality Rooms.
As our adventures are seated, we have had pregnant women and elderly people safely enjoy our adventures, although they should exercise caution.
No requirement is too complex for us. Fill out the form below to give us all the details we need to make your event a success.